RECOM: Redesigning Introductory Computer Using Innovative Online Modules. The project is an Erasmus-Plus funded project made up of seven universities as a member consortium. The consortium is Yildiz Technical University, Turkey; Burgaski Svoboden Universitet, Bulgaria; Universita Delgli Studi di Palermo, Italy; Karabut University, Turkey; Tallinn University, Estonia; Univerza V Ljubljani, Slovenia; and Board of European Students of Technology, Belgium. The ultimate aim of the project is to prepare programming and algorithmic teachers to adopt innovative online teaching approaches. Generally, focuses on enhancing the professional practices of the teachers in the areas of Computer Sciences and Information Technology. The project has a 24-month duration – commencing from April 19, 2021, to 18 April 2023; and is funded with an amount of 261, 792.00 Euros.
Project Type/Funding source:
- KA2 Project: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices.
- Focus: KA226 Partnership for Digital Education Readiness
- Funding/duration: 261,792.00 EUR/24 months(19/01/2021 – 18/04/2023)
- Instructional delivery has been disrupted owing to the recent global pandemic
- Teaching and learning have migrated to virtual environments
- Some schools, teachers, and students appear to be struggling with the online study modes
- Teaching computer programing as an online course is one kind of a pedagogical challenge
- The project is seeking pragmatic pedagogical approaches to ameliorate the situation.
Partners: Seven-member consortium
- Yildiz Technical University, Turkey (Administrative institution)
- Burgaski Svoboden Universitet, Bulgaria
- Universita Degli Studi Di Palermo, Italy
- Karabuk University, Turkey
- Univerza V Ljubljani, Slovenia
- Tallinn University, Estonia
- Board Of European Students Of Technology, Belgium
General project aims/goals
- Develop aligned content, methods, and processes for teaching computer programming as an online course.
- Train Computer Programming/Engineering Teachers about online education pedagogies
- Support the alignment of online pedagogies and material to enhance student’s learning.
- Create a virtual learning environment where various innovative (games, smart devices) teaching approaches could be use (online and hybrid systems)
- Support teacher professional practices to address learners’ well-being (motivation, engagement, and enhancing learning progression
Overall Project Outcome
- Improved lecturers’ professional roles with required knowledge, skills, teaching methods, and techniques to deliver efficient online classes.
- Enhanced pedagogical practices for online teaching perception of experienced instructors.
- Compiled sustainable curriculum implementation for both hybrid and online education
- Aligned new online course materials with gamification techniques to the “Computer Programming and Algorithms” curriculum helps students attend online.
- Designed synchronous and asynchronous methodologies to deliver online “Computer Programming and Algorithms” courses effectively.
- Developed offline video content for students who have limited internet connections.
- Developed course materials with a new curriculum to deliver better online “Computer Programming and Algorithms” lessons.